Friday, September 5, 2014

Love

So I had a really eye opening experience during our drive out here to NC.  I guess eye-opening is the best way to put it.  This move across the country, Brad starting a demanding/time consuming master's program, and job hunting has all been hard.  Life has been crazy, chaotic, and stressful.  In terms of finding a job, well, that was depressing for a while.  The east coast is really big on having your BSN (bachelors of nursing).  I just graduated with my associates of nursing.  You pretty much cannot get a job in a hospital without a BSN.  Needless to say, this made job hunting really hard.  

There were a lot of jobs that stated that they "preferred" BSNs, but as long as you received your BSN within 2 years of hire you were ok.  I applied to a lot of these.  I started applying for jobs as soon as Brad got the call he had been accepted, so late June/beginning of July.  After lots of applications and no calls I was getting pretty discouraged.

So when we started our drive to NC, I figured I would just have to go around handing out my resume to places and trying to put myself out there since I was having no luck with online applications for hospitals, nursing homes, and hospice/home health.  Well, while driving through Nashville my phone rang (thank goodness for bluetooth).  I saw on my car screen that it was a 919 area code, so I answered it.  It was a manager for a clinic asking me if I could come in for an interview.  Of course I said yes and scheduled to meet him that Friday (two days later).  

After this call, it just hit me - this whole wave of emotion.  Heavenly Father had not forgotten me.  He heard all of my prayers.  He loves me.  When everything else that had been a worry (getting packed, the drive going well, etc) was relatively taken care of so my biggest worry was my lack of a job, here I was finally getting a call when we were a day away from NC.  Now, I never doubted Heavenly Father's love for me.  It just hit me hard right then that He still was thinking about me and trying to help us.  And it's more than just getting a call for an interview.  Our move went smoothly.  We were moving not just anywhere, but to NC, somewhere I have been wishing to go back to since my family moved away June 1999.  Brad was starting PA school, something we had been praying for for a long time.  I just felt so loved and blessed in that moment after that call.  Driving through Nashville I was holding back the tears and just feeling so grateful for all my many blessings and for the love of my Heavenly Father.  

I have now been offered that job at the clinic I received the call about in Nashville.  It's funny how long of a hiring process it has been (and slightly frustrating), but I am still so grateful for the job, and for receiving that call at that moment that day in Tennessee.  

I just wanted to write this down before I forgot about that strong feeling I had.  I know we have a Heavenly Father.  I know that He loves each and every one of us very much.  I know that He wants the best for us.  I know that I have to try my hardest to be the best I can and put forth my effort to get what I need, but that He is there for me to help with what I cannot do.  I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father.  I am grateful for every moment when I am able to truly feel/acknowledge His great love for me and all of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment