So, I have learned that I have a horrible short term memory. Every monday, my co-workers ask me how my weekend is and it takes me like 10 minutes to even remember what we did. Hence, why I suck at thinking of interesting things to write about that Brad and I do.
Not today though! I injured my right knee playing intramural soccer in Oct. 08', almost broke my LCL, and was on crutches for 1 month. Fun times. When an orthopedic surgeon checked me out, he told me that my knee was structurally fine and that I could do PT, but he thought I would be okay without it. So I didn't. Well, my knee didn't really get better and still hurts a little to this day. On top of that, my left knee had started to hurt randomly during finals in April 08 and the doctors didn't know why without cutting it open. So I avoided surgery and just took advil. Well, now I work with physical therapists, and Gordon took pity on me. He gave me some PT exercises to do to try and strengthen my weak right knee out, and I just found out this week that I had a bursitis, arthritis under my patella, and a tight hamstring tendon (all on my left knee). Ha ha I have 80 year old knees.

So I had these exercises for a while, and got bad at doing them. As I'm excellent at procrastinating things, Brad came up with a rewards system for me. In a 4-week period, If I do my exercises for a certain number of days, I get something (reeses, tator tots, dove, cream slush, paradise cookies, coldstone, and Outback). Well, we have learned that my favorite foods are a great motivator! Brad is a genius, and I am doing my exercises and getting yumminess!

So I am exercising my knees, and obviously not trying to loose weight. Not that getting toned for the summer wouldn't be nice...I just need something good to motivate me for that...ha ha
No comments:
Post a Comment